Saturday, February 19, 2011

One Sock, Two Sock, Red Sock, Blue Sock

So the strangest thing happened to me yesterday! I must be losing my mind...

I woke up for work yesterday, did my hair, brushed my teeth, got dressed, put socks* and shoes on and headed out the door for work. (*disclaimer- I very rarely wear socks. I mostly wear heels to work and flip flops when I'm not at work.)

A few hours into work I was wiggling my toes inside of my shoes and something just felt off. My right foot just didn't feel right. I look down at my feet and my sock was GONE! Just disappeared! Right off of my foot! I was seriously perplexed.

I got down on my hands and knees under my desk and looked around. I couldn't remember taking my shoes off but wasn't exactly sure because I normally do. One of my coworkers looked at me strangely and asked what I was doing. I honestly felt very confused. I told him that I lost my sock and he just laughed and asked how I could manage to do that. I had no clue. I think that was one of the most confusing moments I've ever experienced. I KNOW I put BOTH socks on before I left the house.

I called Eric to tell him my very odd predicament and he just told me I probably just forgot to put the other one on. Not quite wanting to accept such a silly solution, I reluctantly hung up and just accepted the fact that I would have to walk around the rest of the day with one sock.

By the time I got off work and was on my way home, I had all but forgotten about my sock ordeal until walking into the house, and low and behold, there in our bedroom was my happy little blue sock sitting on the bed staring up at me... laughing.

I still have not a clue how my sock managed to get all the way home from work on its own.
Surely I could not have only put one sock on that morning.

3 comments:

  1. this made me laugh so hard. just wait till you have kids it gets 10x worse!

    ReplyDelete