Monday, June 4, 2012

Faith In God Includes Faith In His Timing



As many of you know, Eric and I have been trying to bring some babies into this world for quite some time now, without any luck thus far. We have an incredible fertility doctor (which if any of you need one- trust me, you want him!) that we love and appreciate so much. Although we don't talk a lot about whats going on in the fertility part of our lives, and we are generally pretty vague about what is happening with testing and such, we appreciate everyones prayers, thoughts and encouragement, and ask that you keep them coming. :) I know that everything will work out when it is supposed to, and we just have to be faithful and patient. We would absolutely love to be parents, and I know that this trying time is a trial the Lord has given us to help refine us, and I'm sure will make us better parents when the time comes. My testimony has been strengthened and I have grown closer to my Savior through this process. At times I feel angry, frustrated, and sad, but knowing that my Heavenly Father knows me and loves me, and that He knows the desires of my heart, has helped me to have an eternal perspective. He already has blessed me with an incredible husband to be able to spend eternity with and I know that even if it was just going to be him and I in this earthly life, I'm already more blessed and happier than I could ever deserve. I've learned, firsthand, that the Lord's timing and our timing are not always the same, and I know that I need to have faith that everything will work out how, and when it is supposed to.

I plan on blogging our journey and experiences with infertility sometime, things I've learned, how we've grown together, and all the ups and downs, but for now, I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers. They are being felt and I know that they are helping us get through both the easy times and the more difficult times, so please keep praying for us! Whenever the time may be that we are given the blessing of a child, I will definitely be letting everyone know. It may be months from now, it may be years from now, but I know that when the timing is right for us, it'll happen... and those babies will be dang good looking! ;)



6 comments:

  1. They will for sure be so cute! We love you guys and have kept you in our thoughts and prayers. So glad you get to enjoy fun adventures together before you have babies. I am sure that day will come. you both will be wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brenley, this brought me to tears. Going through a similar situation, it helps to know I'm not alone. Your strength is amazing and encouraging. Good luck with your journey. You will be a super mom someday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say this: the Lord is using you in bigger ways than you can imagine. And although I can only catch a glimpse of how hard this struggle has been for you, the Lord is using you to be an encourager and to bless others through your struggle. I know that people have the best intentions, but when Julian and I were struggling so hard to get pregnant, it was so frustrating to hear "it will happen when it's meant to happen" from someone who got pregnant on the first try. And I completely know its true. Believe me, I know that when it's the Lords

    ReplyDelete
  4. you and eric are gonna be wonderful parents and those babeis will be soo blessed and lucky to have you as their mama! I like to think that going through all the pain and heartache of infertility helps polish us and make us better parents for when they do come! YOu two are always in our prayers! i love you so much and it breaks my heart that you have to through all this infertility crap. But i will say that because of the gospel and what i've learned i wouldn't change anything. keep the faith and don't lose hope!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Timing, it is the most perfect timing. But that's just hard to hear sometimes from those who haven't been through it. But as hard as I know it may have been on you to talk about it in December at Alix's wedding, you talking to me about it helped me the most. Knowing you are going through what I was helped me SO much to accept that the Lord has perfect timing and that I needed to trust Him. The Lord used you in a huge way in December and I am so thankful for the conversations we had. So thank you so much hun. Thank you for being willing to do the Lords work despite your own pain. The Lord used you in a bigger way than you will ever know. Just thought you needed to hear that. Your struggles right now are preparing you to be a huge blessing to so many people. I just know it. The Lord has a great plan in store for you two. Just wait and see ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know anything I can say that would be very comforting, but I hope and pray all your dreams come true soon.

    ReplyDelete